Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Others' Words

Welcome to my new blog!

It's been almost six months since I completed my year-long "Online Gratitude Journal," and I've been feeling the "itch" to start a new blog!  I've been racking my brain to come up with the subject matter for a new online journal and I think I have finally found it.

Starting tomorrow, I'm taking a year-and-a-half long "sabbatical" from directing and acting, and I'm also deactivating my Facebook profile.  The purpose of this hiatus is to concentrate on myself ... to focus on my health, hobbies I've forgotten over the past twenty five years, and just to turn my sights "inward" for a change and find some "me time."  The main purpose of my new journey, however, is to WRITE.

I have folders upon folders of notes, outlines, snippets of dialogue, lyrics, barely-started stories, novels, plays, musicals, and even children's books.  But nothing TRULY finished.  Without the constant obligation of rehearsals and performances, however, I'm hoping to actually complete some of those projects.

All artists find inspiration in the work of other artists.  This online journal is dedicated to the work of other writers - lyricists, poets, novelists - whose work has moved me, inspired me, challenged me, angered me.  Work that makes me say, "I wish I had written that."  So, my plan is to post one piece of writing each day that represents work to which I aspire.  Along with each piece, I'll add my own personal comments as to what I find so compelling about the work and perhaps its relevance to my own life.

I hope you will enjoy my new blog, "In Others' Words," and welcome you to come along on this writer's journey.  And, who knows?  Maybe somewhere along the way, I'll be able to share with you some of MY words!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, in advance, for all the intelligent reading we are in store for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read what you will be posting. I'm hoping to be inspired, and coming from you, I'm certain I will be!

    ReplyDelete