Thursday, May 12, 2011

Stuff and Nonsense


Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
by Roald Dahl and David Seltzer

Stuff and nonsense!

Wangdoodles, and Hornswogglers, and Snozzwangers, and rotten Vermicious Knids.

Can it, you nit!

It happens every time, they all become blueberries.
Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous.

Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!

The suspense is terrible ... I hope it'll last.

If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates.

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do with a life time supply of chocolate.

Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he he always wanted.  He lived happily ever after.

If she's a lady, I'm a Vermicious Knid.

She was a bad egg.
Stop squawking, you twit!

Spitting's a dirty habit. I know a worse one.

This is the film that I quote more than any other ... particularly "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it."  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie.  It never gets old for me ... I become a 10-year-old child again every time I watch it (which is frequently).  I'll save "Pure Imagination" for another day ... one of the most SCRUMDIDILYUMPTIOUS songs ever written!!  And maybe "Cheer Up, Charlie" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment